This week we are talking self-discipline with the book Healthy as F*ck by Oonagh Duncan.
Who is Oonagh Duncan?
She is a multi-award-winning fitness expert and author.
Oonagh’s website: https://www.oonaghduncan.com/#about
Healthy as F*ck book: https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Habits-Need-Lean-Stay/dp/1492693863
Oonagh’s 7 Habits of Healthy Motherf*ckers
- Fill half of your plate with vegetables. Optimal 10 servings of fruit and vegetable per day.
- Are you getting at least 7 hours of sleep per day? Get enough sleep?
- Cut out booze. Back away from the booze.
- Do you need to chill out and practice more self love using meditation.
- Do you need to reign in your portions? Nearly everyone who has excess body fat is just eating too much!
- Is it time to prep and plan in advance. Dedicate an hour per week to meal prep and become super efficient about what you eat.
- Exercise consistently. Strongest weapon. Key predictor in maintaining weigh loss in the long term.
What are the phases of changing a habit?
STAGE 1 Pre-contemplation – not thinking about changing habit
STAGE 2 – Contemplation – starts thinking about changing habits.
STAGE 3 – Preparation – started taking some steps towards making change such as research, investing in equipment, resources that will help achieve the change of habit.
STAGE 4 – Action. Starts doing, developing structures and habits that actively engage with the changing habits
STAGE 5 – Maintenance. Has been ‘doing’ the new habit consistently for a while. Self-sufficiency, solid habit loops, feels successful. The initial thrill has worn off, sometimes feels bored or complacent. Experiences compliance fatigue. If new habits are not reinforced, it can lead to the next stage.
STAGE 6 – Relapse.
—- How do we avoid relapse??
Every day of our lives is filled with ups and downs.No need to sweat the downs too much… pull back the camera and look at the bigger picture.
Is my progress generally trending up or down?